Our School Mission Statement
We will seek to secure the best educational opportunities for all pupils of all abilities and backgrounds in an environment which will provide stimulation, challenge and enjoyment.
The values informing the life and relationships of the school community will be those of the Christian Faith with Religious Education and Worship playing a significant role in nurturing the children’s spiritual growth.
We shall endeavour to develop a mutually helpful school, embracing Pupils, Staff, Parents and Governors, fostering supportive links between school, home, church and the wider community.
Our Children have their own mission statement which they follow:
As children of God at St Paulinus we strive to create a happy, caring place where everybody is valued, respected and safe so we learn and grow to our very best.
In order that all the children in St Paulinus learn in a happy environment where they are able to achieve their very best and are prepared for the next stages in their lives, we aim to:
- Provide and develop a broad, balanced, relevant curriculum which ensures continuity and progression
- Recognise that children are individuals and that each one has different needs.
- Ensure children acquire personal and moral values based on the Christian doctrine and have confidence to make and hold moral judgements.
- Motivate our pupils through our own enthusiasm and by creating a stimulating environment.
- Set high but achievable standards. Children will be made aware of our expectations through the praise of their best efforts.
- Work towards the child becoming increasingly responsible for his/her learning.
- Help children to understand and modify their own behaviour and so develop self-discipline.
- Encourage children to adopt a questioning approach to work in all areas of the curriculum.
- Provide a caring environment where each child knows she/he is valued.
- Develop a sense of corporateness through daily worship and to be aware of the close links between the school, parish church and local community.
- Develop a partnership with parents in promoting the education of their child.
These are the Christian Values we have chosen to represent our school. As children and adults of God at St Paulinus, we use these values to help us act and behave in the right way.
Respect for others
Respecting our environment
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."
1 Peter 3:11
“Jesus blesses those who are ‘peacemakers’ and calls them ‘sons of God’."
“If one falls down, a friend can lift him up."
1 Peter 1:3
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy, he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."
“The Lord Jesus himself said ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive."
Slow to anger
“Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."